Princess Diaries, you are the best
With all your pop and boy band goodness
Princess Diaries, you are the best
With all your pop and boy band goodness
Ahh yes, The dreaded school. When it comes around we all dread, new teachers, new schedule, some new unfamiliar faces, the MASSIVE amount of homework load, less time on tumblr. Here is another long post with a few sites and others to help you out here!
- Advice on college
- Alternatives to buying expensive textbooks
- AP Cram Packets
- Cheat sheet for becoming an adult
- Dorm room survival
- Free online college classes
- How to survive college masterpost
- cheap & healthy snacks
- chocolate muffin in a mug tutorial
- Coffee recipes to help stay awake
- Every Starbucks drink and pasty FTW
- For the vegans
you bad ass motherfuckers
- macaroni cheese / mac&cheese in a cup
- quick and easy soup recipes
- study snacks
- Study snack
- thousands of quick and easy snack recipes
- Yummy cheesiness!
- 40 on-the-go breakfast recipesHelpful sites:
- Challenge your brain
- Feed the hungry while using your vocabulary
- Free online textbooks
- Grade calculator
- Rape Escape
- Whole page dedicated to studying/organizing
High school needs:
- For Juniors or Seniors With Low Income Families Looking For Scholarships
- How to survive freshman year
Mental health resources:
- a website that is always relevant.
- falling asleep tips
- How long to sleep
- how to talk to and help an anxiety-ridden friend
- how to wake up in the morning
- keep taking your mind off of it
- mental illness recovery tips
- need a motivational speech? i like this one for myself.
- not having a good day? :c
- picking up a hobby can relax you during the school year!!
- seriously just please try to relax ily
- take your mind off of it
- tips on self-love
- when to go to sleep/wake up
- working out is a total stress-buster.
- download free books
- express yourself with make-up
- Hobbies masterpost
- I fucking love to study to this.
- please remember this.
- Sick ass movie list
I have more but, this is a school one so message me for more.
- Sites to help you not get distracted with other sites. (Mac)(PC)
- Various ways to where a scarf
- What’s the fucking weather
- calm/nature sounds
- chill playlist
- coffee shop blues
- coffee shop sounds
- concentration playlist
- study playlist
- 4hours of classical music
- An already typed essay at your fingertips(type the subject and press random stuff and an essay forms. TO KIND OF HELP)
- bibliography maker
- educational links fucking galore
- my favorite tutoring website
- online ruler
- pull an all nighter but do well on your exam
- Social media citing
- study like a college kid
- Time Management
- Psychology Lectures by a Professor from Yale University
- compliments generator
- how long to nap
- go to a quiet place
- learn more about anxiety.
- panic and anxiety information masterpost
- Relaxation techniques
- Stress Analyst
- the thoughts room
- take a guided relaxation
- yoga poses
- Best place to get help for English
- essay structure guide
- essay writing help
- free microsoft word alternative
- Grammar and spell checker
- Graphic Essay Organizer
- Help on reading/researching
- Make a kick ass essay
- Masterpost of writing software
- microsoft word equivalent
- more essay writing help
- On books you you don’t want to read
- Tip of my tongue
- calculators (includes graphing, geometric, stats etc)
- College/high school Chemistry notes
- math problem solver (2)
- Periodic Table
- This is the math god
- Answers to the textbook
- Beneficial studying tips
- Crash course in any subject with John Green
- Free Educational resources for anyone and everyone
- help in a ton of subjects
- Helps you in any subject
- homework help
- how to google
- how to study, Study guide
- finals survival guide
- improve your studying skills
- Learning Websites Masterpage
- Looking for a word
- make flash cards
- One of the best learning websites
- Tips before/during an exam
- Tips on Exams
- Remember that today’s day in age is different from how it was back then. So don’t stress about school too much.High school students today have the anxiety of what a mental patient in the insane asylum had in the 50s. Here’s also a thing to show how times have changed.
- Prioritize. List what needs to get done first and when. Sometimes getting the bigger/harder tasks is easier than conquering the smaller/easier tasks.
- Set times when certain projects need to be done and stick to that deadline.
- Turn your phone off or give it to your parents while doing work/studying. I know that we live in the age of technology and literally everything is at the touch of our fingertips. Honestly though you can wait on what your favorite celebrity has to say or if your crush liked your instagram photo. You’ll be more involved in that than you are into your work.
- If you have trouble in a certain subject and there is no assigned seating, take advantage of the front. I guarantee you’ll learn more.
- Ask your teacher what exactly you’ll need to know. If you’re taking notes during the year, write in the margins whether or not it will be tested. It will be easier to know what you will be tested on.
- Save your exams. Half the time your teachers use the same questions (or questions similar) from your exams on your midterms or finals.
- Don’t try to do homework straight afterschool if you can’t, despite what everyone says. Give yourself an hour, and try to get some exercise in. I find it stops me getting bored of sitting down. Not to mention helps me concentrate better.
- Don’t just read the material, write it, draw it, recite it, quiz yourself on it! Until you have the material down.
- Join clubs, sports, or organizations! You’re guaranteed to find friends in there. You’ll already have common interests. Start with that and go with the flow.
- College kids: If you don’t have assigned seating, and you have been sitting in the same seat for 2 weeks. That is you assigned seat now. Don’t move or you’ll screw everyone up and they will hate you.
- Color code things, such as your notes.
If you want to see how I color code my notes message me and I’ll be happy to show you.
- Be kind to one another.
I think that about does it. So yeah:)
HOLY SHIT SO MUCH OF THIS IS USEFUL
70% of editing is just looking at ur work for a few hours with this face
true for drawing
true for video editing
true for writing
Hi anon! I am hanging in there. I am switching antidepressants right now, which has been kind of an adventure. Venlafaxine withdrawal has given me a whole new level of compassion for people struggling with addiction.
I’ve had to take a break from work, which has been pretty dispiriting, but with my depression being such a bear to wrestle and being between medications, it was either take a break, or see my work become untenably unreliable. But I’m lucky: my boss is a very kind person who understands what I’m going through, and he has made it clear that he supports me and that my job will be waiting for me. A year ago I would not have been able to imagine being in a professional situation where I would feel confident that I could be honest with my boss about my troubles without reprisal! Thank you, to everyone at SciShow, for creating such a compassionate environment. =D
Lately I’ve just been trying to keep my moods on an even keel, and find things to occupy myself that help buoy me up. Depression can be so suffocating that I’m grateful for anything that gives me a little space to breathe. I’ve gotten super into a new online community (anybody play Flight Rising? I’m in Light!) where the people are incredibly nice, and even have mature and open and supportive discussions about mental health.
So I guess I just mean to say: I am doing as well as can be expected! I hope you guys are fighting the good fight too.
Great to hear from you Boggle!
Keep fighting the fight! We’re all cheering for you! :D
The depression behind Kiska’s blowhole has gotten worse. When an orca has what some call “peanut head” it generally means they are severely underweight, sickly or near death. Something is seriously wrong with Kiska.
Please take some time to call the following to voice your concerns and to report suspected animal abuse:
Ontario SPCA: 310-SPCA(7722) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Plus on Wednesday August 6th between 10am to 5pm there will be a demo outside the OSPCA at 16586 Woodbine Ave. RR3, Newmarket, Ontario L3Y 4W1
:( Poor thing.
person: Pokemon is such a childish game, why are you playing it?
ARE YOU KIDDING ME
Every Hit Song from 1999 in one video. Watch this if you want to be instantly transported to 1999
Why wait for an idea to strike?
Fragile X syndrome (FXS) is a genetic disorder that causes obsessive-compulsive and repetitive behaviors, and other behaviors on the autistic spectrum, as well as cognitive deficits. It is the most common inherited cause of mental impairment and the most common cause of autism.
Now biomedical scientists at the University of California, Riverside have published a study that sheds light on the cause of autistic behaviors in FXS. Appearing online today (July 23) in the Journal of Neuroscience, and highlighted also on the cover in this week’s print issue of the journal, the study describes how MMP-9, an enzyme, plays a critical role in the development of autistic behaviors and synapse irregularities, with potential implications for other autistic spectrum disorders.
MMP-9 is produced by brain cells. Inactive, it is secreted into the spaces between cells of the brain, where it awaits activation. Normal brains have quite a bit of inactive MMP-9, and the activation of small amounts has significant effects on the connections between neurons, called synapses. Too much MMP-9 activity causes synapses in the brain to become unstable, leading to functional deficits.
“Our study targets MMP-9 as a potential therapeutic target in Fragile X and shows that genetic deletion of MMP-9 favorably impacts key aspects of FXS-associated anatomical alterations and behaviors in a mouse model of Fragile X,” said Iryna Ethell, a professor of biomedical sciences in the UC Riverside School of Medicine, who co-led the study. “We found that too much MMP-9 activity causes synapses to become unstable, which leads to functional deficits that depend on where in the brain that occurs.”
Ethell explained that mutations in FMR1, a gene, have been known for more than a decade to cause FXS, but until now it has been unclear how these mutations cause unstable synapses and characteristic physical features of this disorder. The new findings expand on earlier work by the research group that showed that an MMP-9 inhibitor, minocycline, can reduce behavioral aspects of FXS, which then led to its use to treat FXS.
To further establish a causative role for MMP-9 in the development of FXS-associated features, including autistic behaviors, the authors generated mice that were missing both FMR1 and MMP-9. They found that while mice with a single FMR1 mutation showed autistic behaviors and macroorchidism (abnormally large testes), mice that also lacked MMP-9 showed no autistic behaviors.
“Our work points directly to MMP-9 over-activation as a cause for synaptic irregularities in FXS, with potential implications for other autistic spectrum disorders and perhaps Alzheimer’s disease,” said Doug Ethell, the head of Molecular Neurobiology at the Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona, Calif., and a coauthor on the study.
The research paper represents many years of bench work and effort by a dedicated team led by the Ethells. The work was primarily done in mice, but human tissue samples were also analyzed, with findings found to be consistent. Specifically, the work involved assessing behaviors, biochemistry, activity and anatomy of synaptic connections in the brain of a mouse model of FXS, as well as the creation of a new mouse line that lacked both the FXS gene and MMP-9.
FXS affects both males and females, with females often having milder symptoms than males. It is estimated that about 1 in 5,000 males are born with the disorder.
The Ethells were joined in the study by UCR’s Harpreet Sidhu (first author of the research paper), Lorraine E. Dansie, and Peter Hickmott. Sidhu and Dansie are neuroscience graduate students; Hickmott is an associate professor of psychology.
Next, the researchers plan to understand how MMP-9 regulates synapse stability inside the neurons. They also plan to find drugs that specifically target MMP-9 without side effects such as new tetracycline derivatives that are potent inhibitors of MMP-9 but lack antibiotic properties.
“Although minocycline was successfully used in clinical trial in FXS, it has some side effects associated with its antibiotic properties, such gastrointestinal irritation,” Iryna Ethell said. “We, therefore, plan to test new non-antibiotic minocycline derivatives. These compounds lack antibiotic activity but still act as non-competitive inhibitors of MMP-9 similar to minocycline.”
favorite character meme » two colors [1/2]: cyan
If Linkin Park plays in the forest and no one is around to hear it, in the end, does it even matter?
How to save hardened paint brushes!This has been one of the most useful tips I have learned while in college so I thought I would share how I save paint brushes that I was too lazy to clean out good enough the first time.
- Step One: go buy murphy oil soap, or check your cabinets and look for it. I was surprised when I saw it sitting in my cabinet at home because I had no idea we actually used to clean our house. It’s pretty common to find in stores. You can buy it at dollar general for just a few bucks.
- Step Two: take your brushes that you have let become really hard because you either used glue in them, or acrylic paint. Soak them for as much time as possible! The more you let them soak, the easier it will be to work apart the bristles. I have let mine soak anywhere from 24 hours to 96 hours.
- Step Three: once you have let your brushes soak, rinse the brush under slow moving water, use your hands to move the bristles around.. all you are trying to see how much the murphy oil soap did on its own, and if it is still a little stiff you will want to let it soak some more.
- Step Four: I have a pinch pot I made in a ceramics class to be able to wash my brushes. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy, but it does need to be textured! I drew patterns on the side so I could rub my brushes to make bristles start working in different directions.
- Step Five: after you loosened the bristles by rubbing it on something textured, dip them back in the murphy oil soap and rub it a few more times on the textured surface. this allows the soap to get in all of the new openings in your paint brush.
- Step Six: rise it out with the bristles facing down so that anything hard comes out of your brush instead of staying up in the top. You should really use your hands a lot in this step to make sure any glue or paint chips are out.
- Step Seven: put a little bit more soap on the brush with a little bit of water, only dampening the bristles. leave it like that until the next time you want to use the brush, and it should be like new.Bonus to this reference post: one of my professors used murphy's to get paint stains out of clothes.
Okay, depression, here’s the deal.
I enjoy my life. I enjoy what I do.
All of it.
You are annoying.
And I am going to enjoy my life despite your kicking and screaming and dementor-like energy suckingness.
k thanks bye
Flaphack #7: *Magically transform an old concert lanyard into a soothing pancake scented car freshener!
*not actually magic
DENNY’S WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU EVEN DOING
denny’s has the best social media marketing team ever look at this look at it
they knew their restaurant was the equivalent of 3am nightblogging and they just went with it
The best part is that it totally works.